
Yesterday I participate in the 6th annual Bryce Canyon 1/2 Marathon. My sister in-law Kathy went with me and we had a GREAT weekend! I left Friday morning around 9:30 and picked Kathy up in Lehi. We had a great time talking and laughing the whole way down. I really enjoy her company and we get along so well. We surprisingly were able to navigate our way to Bryce without getting lost! We were so proud of ourselves. We stopped at the hotel first and dropped off our bags, then we headed to Cannonville to pick up my race packet. I was surprised on how low key this race was. It is so weird to go to bigger city races and take part in the runner expos and then hit a small race and their be nothing. We went to Ruby's Inn where the race started and did some shopping. It reminded me a lot of Jackson Hole(a way small version though). We found some great finds and headed back to Tropic for something to eat. The restaurant was busy needless to say but the portions were HUGE, so we shared a plate. The pasta was great and so was the company! We went through the shops and then decided I better start to wined down. I got all my cloths laid out and hit the pillow. I was up at 4:30 and anxious for the race to start. The race started at 6:00 with a REAL gun shot start! It was a beautiful run and the first part was all down hill. My quads are feeling the effect of this today! My finish time was 2:10, not to bad considering I didn't put in the miles like I should have. I have been concentrating on my bike trying to get in the miles for the LOTOJA race in September. All in all, it was a great race and I will defiantly do it again next year!





No comments:
Post a Comment