
Tracen has been training all winter long. Race season is now ahead of us and he has some great races planned. Today was his first race of the season. The tax day race is 95% up hill. So if you're not a climber, this is not the race for you. Tracen did very well today and he placed 6th out of 17. He was 2 minutes faster than last year, which is a lot when you consider how much climbing is involved. He felt good and was hoping that he would have taken first. We keep trying to figure out where he is falling short. He questions his training, but that is not it. Cycling is notorious for sandbagging and this is what is keeping him from winning. There is always someone who should be in a higher category but always enters an "easier" category so they will win. Well this is what happened today. We really wish that they could regulate this better and make it more fair. Oh well, what do you do. He loves cycling and that is what is important...right? His goal is to still podium and I don't doubt for a minute that he won't! I love to watch him race and I really do make a pretty great water girl, if I do say so myself! Keep climbing Sweet and remember how much I love you!

Finished strong!
Great Job Tracen! And water girl!
ReplyDelete