Monday, March 15, 2010

The Greatest Man, I Called Him Dad.


It has been almost 3 weeks since my dad returned home. I can't believe that he is gone. I miss asking my mom "how's dad doing" every time I talk to her. I do know that he is not suffering any more and he is in a better place.
My dad is my hero. I like to believe that I was Daddy's Little Girl. The lessons that he taught me and the memories that he has given me will never be forgotten. I remember going out and milking the cows with him, changing the irrigation, and planting the garden. My parents both taught me the importance of being Christ like. They were always giving to those who needed help. I know this is why I love to sign up when the compassionate service sign up sheet comes around. My dad loved to laugh and made the most of life. The summer vacations were the BEST! Having parents as educators was more of an advantage as opposed to a disadvantage. I was fortunate enough to have my dad as a teacher. I had to work just as hard as the other students and maybe even harder, because I didn't want them to think the reason I got an "A" was because I was his daughter. I remember him saddling up the horse for me until I was able to do it on my own. The camping trips to the river and the Easter egg rolling competitions will never be forgotten. He was an honorable priesthood holder. He took his church callings seriously. I remember him always preparing talks and leaving early for his high counsel meetings. My poor mother having to take 5 children to church by herself, she has defiantly secured herself a place in heaven.
My dad was a valiant follower of Christ and he and my mom taught me the importance of living the gospel. I will forever be indebted to them both for giving me a second chance on life and then raising me in a religion that gives me hope for eternal salvation and eternal families. I am so grateful that my boys got to know there grandpa and have the memories that they do. Our family trips to Canada are the highlights of our family trips. There is just something special about going to Grandpa and Grandma Coleman's and then getting SPOILED! They have been blessed with great examples and I only pray and hope that they realize what great examples they have been blessed with. I love my parents with all my heart and only wish that I could have lived closer. I will never forget what a positive man my dad was, he was loved by all and loved all. I will continue to live my life in accordance with the gospel, so when the time comes I will be reunited with him and my other family members. Families are forever.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry for the loss of your father. He sounds like a great man. Thanks for your help in singing time on Sunday. You did awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the loss of your father Teresa. What a great post about him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice tribute to your dad. I can see his influence in how you live your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was a tribute. I didn't even know him but feel like I do through that post. Dad's are someone you really never do want to let go. But am glad you are right my dear, that families are forever. Thinking of you friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uncle Reed was one of my favorite people partly because he was such a good man...partly because he was so dang (or should I say DAMN) funny...and mostly because he gave me some wonderful cousins. I love you.

    ReplyDelete