Saturday, January 2, 2010

MeRrY ChRiStMaS


The Winwards had a wonderful Christmas! I can't believe that it has come and gone! We have our traditions ever year and look forward to them. Christmas eve we always go to Tracen's parents home, being as they live just up the road:) We get together with most of his siblings and have a huge feast! With 8 out of the 10 siblings showing up with their families not only is their a lot of food, but NOISE too! We play games and exchange gifts then we head home for our own traditions. The kids pixie each other and they get new pajamas. This year I bought Tracen and myself some too, usually we get left out. Every day of the year the kids sleep in but one, you know it 5:30 a.m. and it's time to roll:) We always start out with family prayer and talk about the TRUE meaning of Christmas. We reflect on Christ and how grateful we are for his birth and sacrifice. We are so blessed to have this knowledge and feel that it is so important that our boys remember how blessed they really are. The stockings are the first thing to be discovered, as a child growing up I remember this being the first thing that we did as well:) The gifts are handed out one by one and we share in each others excitement. Once everything is said and done we have a traditional Christmas breakfast. Currant biscuits and baked cream eggs is a tradition that has been passed down to me. These biscuits are a 5 generation tradition, I have my mom's ancestors to thank for this one. The baked cream eggs are a tradition that my (Coleman) family started and they are yummy! As a Winward family, Tracen and I have added eggnog with sprite and my favorite Abuelita (Mexican hot chocolate) so DELICIOUS!
Wyatt was excited about his PSP and LG EnV 3 cell phone. Holden also scored a PSP and got a radio alarm clock so he can wake himself up in the mornings:) Caleb and Chase both got Vulcan Nerf guns and R/C tanks that shoot air soft BB's. All the boys got new Alycium winter gear and Tippman CO2 air soft guns....let the war begin. New X-box games and DVDs also were added to the loot. The family dog was also remembered. Sandee got a new plush dog bed and the boys got the items for her "cat" stocking... ha ha. Tracen bought me a new Garmin Forerunner 405 running watch. I can hardly wait to try it out:) He got a new VDO Z1 ALTIMETER & CYCLE COMPUTER for his bike...of course. It tells him tons of info and I hope he enjoys it. I love this time of year and the traditions that it brings. I am so grateful for my many blessings and the family that I have been blessed with to share them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment